Friday, March 9, 2018

JUMPERS FOR A FAMILY FRIEND

A friend of my mother's gave me a jumper which belonged to her to use as a pattern to make a few more similar jumpers for her in a cotton or wool material.  The original tan jumper she gave me to use as a pattern had slits which I put panels in for her to make more modest.  I have never made a jumper by request for someone outside the family before, so I was a bit nervous about it.  I decided to make it an A-line jumper so that she would not need panels like the other jumper had.  In the end I made her 3 jumpers, one blue, one teal, and one purple for Lent (forgot to take a picture of the purple cordory jumper before giving them all to her).  My mom tells me that the lady wears them all the time!  
So in the end... They were a success!  Thanks be to God!  😄



2 comments:

  1. Pretty jumpers! The one I have is a-line and quite similar to the one's here, though mine is denim with pin-tucks in the front.

    Thanks for sharing!

    God bless,

    Emma

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Emma,

    How neat that we have/made similar jumpers! :-D

    Please forgive my tardy response. I have been SO BUSY with helping my fiance settle in the area after getting out of the air-force, with wedding preparations, choir and work.

    Hope you have been well!

    Sincerely,

    Rita

    ReplyDelete