Tuesday, September 18, 2018

MY WEDDING DRESS ALTERATIONS

Modest wedding dresses can be SO EXPENSIVE and then after you buy a dress 
the alterations also tend to be VERY EXPENSIVE.
I wanted a wedding dress with a high neck, long sleeves, 
which was very flowy, and also not transparent.
To find such a dress these days is NOT easy especially if you don't have a fortune 
to spend on having your own personal seamstress.
So, after hours of searching, I found a discounted dress 
made in Great Britian because of manufacturing flaws.
I bought the dress for about $300 and did the alterations myself.
Three layers of the dress need to be hemmed 
(including the lace which was very tricky).
I put in a 5 point French under-bustle for the satin
 (with matching ribbons to tie the sections together)
 and an American 5 point over bustle 
(with loop holes to go over buttons for the lace).
I had never hemmed a dress with a train, nor a lace train on top of that.  
I had to do A LOT of research, but the end product was EVER so worth it!
I would do it again if I had a daughter or friend who needed such help.
Well, without further ado.  Here below are pictures! 😊







No comments:

Post a Comment