Thursday, July 16, 2020

MATERNITY AND NURSING CLOTHES 2019-2020




Here are the most recent maternity and nursing clothes
which I have made/altered since our little guy was born:


DRESSES

This was originally a dress I purchased at a thrift store but it was a bit short and the neck/sleeves were a bit revealing.  I added elastic to the neckline and the end of sleeves and a trim to the bottom to make it more modest.  Then I added nursing zippers and so obtained one of the most comfortable pregnancy/nursing dresses for working around the house and yard.


 This dress was made from a shirt given to me as a gift from my mother years before and an A-line skirt I had previously made.  I merely cut the elastic off the skirt sewed the two together and added nursing zippers.  It was a quick and easy was to add an extra comfortable outfit to my postpartum collection.

 This dress was made in a similar way as the one above.
So quick and easy to moderate for pregnancy and nursing and so worth it!

 This dress was originally a thrift store purchase.  The sleeve and neckline were too tight to be comfortable and the dress was a bit short.  So, I cut the high neck off the dress, and the long sleeves down and added the white trim around to add length and character to the dress.  It was one of my first pregnancy dresses.  After the birth I added nursing zippers and was quite delighted to find that I could still have it be a nice comfortable but elegant dress to wear while nursing.

 This was made in a similar style to the skirt/shirt combo dresses I made above except that the skirt I made from scratch just to make the dress.

 The top of this was originally a vest I had made pre-pregnancy and a dress shirt from the thrift store which did not fit me any more.I took out the pleats in the vest and cut the sleeves and neck off the shirt and added them to each other to make the top.  Then I took an piece of material which someone had previously gifted to me and made that into the skirt part of the dress.  This is definitely one of my favorite nursing/maternity dresses.  It took a bit more time to make and moderate but was SO worth it.

 This was another skirt/shirt combo with I sewed together and then added nursing zippers.  The shirt and skirt were originally one of my husband's favorite outfits for me to wear.  So, he was happy to see it added to back to my wardrobe postpartum.

 This was my first pregnancy/nursing dress made COMPLETELY from scratch!!!  😄

 I made several mistakes on the neckline when cutting the material as I was not using a pattern and so I had to add trim and a button to the top at the end.  At least I learned what not to do next time, and I was generally quite happy with the results.😉

Second nursing/pregnancy dress I made completely from scratch.


NURSING PONCHOS
(One of the best things ever for anyone who wants to nurse modestly.)

 This was originally a thin skirt given to me my by sister-in-law.  I sewed up the front to double over for thickness and it easily became a super soft and elegant poncho for nursing.

 I made two of these because I just happened to have EXACTLY enough material for a double make. 😂

This was made to be a more elegant addition for Sundays with added lace trim.  In this picture though is missing the fact that the lace is sewn down all around and does not hang up at all.  


2 comments:

  1. RITA!!!! It's so good to see you posting again! How are your husband and son? And how old is the latter now? What has been new in your world?

    I'm trying to think when we last talked so I can update you properly. Too long for sure. I started a friendship with a young man (though I don't believe we're called to a vocation, it's been rather interesting!) and I've started grad school again to give me a leg up into a career (Unless God grants me a spouse before then!).

    Meantime, I'm still waitressing, sewing, writing (my first novel is growing up, yikes!), and all the things.

    But especially YAG - I became the official assistant coordinator in January. This month, we're hosting a multi-parish volleyball game this weekend, and it's a HUGE DEAL. Might be losing my mind over here, ah! Doesn't help that one of my friends is getting married RIGHT BEFORE IT. Poor girl couldn't help it, she was supposed to get married last week but...forgot the marriage license. *facepalm* Oh well....

    You know, we should actually email each other one of these days so we can talk more. My email is farmlassie71@gmail.com.

    Meantime, hope to chat with you soon!

    God bless,

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Catherine,

      I just emailed you. What a great idea!

      Hope all is well!

      God bless!

      Rita. 😊

      Delete